In 2013, IMAA launched a crowdfunding campaign to finance an inaugural National Media Arts Prize. The first of its kind in Canada, the IMAA was gathering funds on Indiegogo to establish the award.
(click on the names to watch interviews)
• The Honourable Stéphane Dion, MP for St-Laurent – Cartierville, Liberal Critic for Heritage (Read Full Translation)
• Nathan Cullen, MP for Skeena-Bulkley Valley (NDP)
• Elizabeth May, MP for Saanich – Gulf Islands (Green Party)
• Irene Mathyssen, MP for London – Fanshawe (NDP)
• Dean Del Mastro, MP for Petersborough (Former Conservative Independent)
• Tyrone Benskin, MP for Jeanne-Le Ber (NDP), Chair of All-Party Arts Caucus