Every year we accept films and stories that celebrate and resonate with the inner city, community-driven, trans-national, transient context of Regent Park, as well as with other communities in Toronto, across Canada and all over the world. We encourage local, national and international participation. During the festival, we offer a school program, which is a fun film festival experience with educational programming specifically tailored to students and teachers from schools across the GTA.
WE INVITE FILMS FOR THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
GENERAL PROGRAM: Features works by filmmakers from a multi-cultural and/or Aboriginal backgrounds and/or films that explore difference and solidarity, immigrant experiences, urbanization, cultural identity and resonate with the inner city, community based, trans-national and transient realities of Regent Park and similar communities in Toronto, in Canada, and all over the world.
EMERGING DIRECTORS SPOTLIGHT: Features works created by emerging filmmakers under 26. This program encourages self-representation and seeks to promote dialogue within the community, as well as among the guest youth filmmakers from Regent Park and other parts of the world.
SCHOOL PROGRAM: Features works suitable for or Grade 1-8, featuring themes relevant and engaging for youth. This program encourages self-representation and seeks to promote dialogue within the community, as well as among the guest youth filmmakers from Regent Park and other parts of the world.
1. There is no submission fee to submit your film to the Festival. The deadline to submit is June 10, 2016.
2. All lengths and genres will be accepted.
3. Films in foreign languages must be subtitled in English.
4. The submitter is responsible for all costs associated with delivering their works to the Regent Park Film Festival. We encourage electronic submissions.
5. International submissions: The customs declaration should clearly state the preview video has no commercial value, is for temporary consideration and for cultural use only. We cannot accept charges for customs & duties (ie. UPS). The Regent Park Film Festival cannot cover the resulting customs and duties charges and will have to refuse the package.
6. Submission DVDs are not returned. Select preview tapes will be added to the Festival’s archives for consideration to our year-round community screenings (see authorization).
1. Complete festival submission form and include all support materials.
2. Send preview copy by one of the following ways:
Regent Park Film Festival
585 Dundas Street East, Suite 240
Toronto , ON, Canada M5A 2B7
The Canada Council for the Arts and the Independent Media Arts Alliance have put out...Read more