Cyber Safe and Sound is provided for informational purposes only. It cannot, therefore, in any way constitute legal, technical, commercial or other advice. Do not interpret its content in this way! If you have any questions about the topics covered in our resource, please consult a lawyer or other professional advisor.
The Independent Media Arts Alliance (IMAA), Kung Fu Numerik Inc. (Kngfu), SERENE-RISC and the other project partners do not endorse any commercial products, processes or services referred to in this brochure, nor any producer or supplier. We make no warranties, express or implied, nor do we guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or timeliness of the information contained in this resource, including information from other servers referred to by hyperlinks. Several URLs in the resource lead to external websites. Some links lead to English-language websites that are not available in French.
Cyber Safe and Sound (and everything on IMAASource) is free of charge under a Creative Commons Attribution/NonCommercial/No Derivative Works license (CC BY-NC-ND).
Cyber Safe and Sound is a creation of The Independent Media Arts Alliance :
- Emmanuel Madan, National Director
- Benjamin J. Allard, Project Manager
- Mercedes Pacho, Director of Communications and Development
- Marilyne Coleslaw, Communications Coordinator
- Leyla Sutherland, Coordinator of IMAASource
Advisory Committee : Meagan Byrne, Cortney Cassidy, Victoria Fleming, Julie Gendron, Rondie Li, Niki Little, David Plant, Jason Ryle, Andrew Scholotiuk
Training Partner : Kngfu
- Ghassan Fayad, Creative Producer
- Noémie Jansem, Project Manager and Copywriter
- Colas Wohlfahrt, Interactive designer and art director
- Jerôme Leveneur, Technical Director and Developer
- Will Fahey, Frontend Developer
- Saskia Vellas, Research and Content development
Cybersecurity consultants : Jean-Philippe Décarie-Mathieu et Geneviève Lajeunesse
Illustrations : Maylee Keo
Translation : Oana Avasilichioaei
Linguistic and scientific editing : Anne-Sophie Letellier
Revision : Hermine Ortega
This resource is based on the Cyber Security Knowledge Report, (August 13, 2019), produced by the Université de Montréal’s Smart Cyber security Network (SERENE-RISC) for the Independent Media Arts Alliance (IMAA).
- Nafi Safaou Niang, Executive Director
- Fyscillia Ream, Scientific Coordinator
Publishing and documentary research :
- Jasmin Pilon, Communication Advisor
- Traian Toma, Research Assistant
- Marielle Aithamon, PhD Student
We would also like to thank Lisa Theriault for initiating this project.
This resource could not have had its sparks without the invaluable advice of Gabrielle Anctil, Liane Décary-Chen, Anyse Ducharme, Benoit Grenier, Jean-Noé Landry, Isabelle L’Heureux, Garance Philippe, Pierre-David Oriol, Alexandre Sheldon and Yuan Stevens.
We would also like to acknowledge the invaluable assistance of all those who contributed anonymously to this resource through research interviews, conversations, or as guinea pigs during usability testing.
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts.