An Allied member is available to all Canadian organizations dedicated to furthering the media arts. This Allied Membership category is an opportunity for cultural organizations that do not meet the above-listed membership criteria but who wish to demonstrate support of the IMAA mandate.
The criteria that applies to Allied Members:
• Support sexual and gender equality
• Support cultural equity
• Support the aims and objectives of the IMAA
Benefits of becoming an Allied Member:
• The cost of an allied annual membership fee is only $25.00.
• Allied members may receive newsletters, memos sent out by their region or by IMAA staff and other communications.
• Representatives of an allied member organization are able to sit on committees, and attend regional meetings.
• IMAA will advocate for issues that support IMAA’s mandate brought forth by allied members.
Examples of organizations that can apply for an Allied Membership:
• A media arts festival that does not yet pay artist fees.
• An artist run centre, gallery or collective that is involved primarily in the visual or performing arts as opposed to the media arts.
• An educational or training institution that does not operate as a non-profit organization.